Fr. Jason would love to come and visit you. If you would like a visit with Fr. Jason please use this link https://calendly.com/frjason-1 or you can email him at Frjason@stambrosefostercity.org. Now that the holidays are over my goal this year is to meet and get to know the parish better
Parking Lot and Plant Sale
The Parking Lot and Plant Sale will be held on Saturday, September 16th from 9:00am -2:00pm at St Ambrose Church. Knickknacks, housewares, clothing and more! Beautiful plants for your home or garden! Call or text Brenda at (650) 520-1140 or Call St. Ambrose Church (650) 574-1369 for more information.
Blessing of the Animals:
Bring your pets and beloved stuffed animals to the 10 o’clock service on October 1st. Father Jason will celebrate the Feast of St. Francis by blessing the animal friends who bring joy to our lives. From 12:30 to 2 p.m. Father Jason will set up shop at the Foster City Dog Park to bless members of the Foster City Community (and St. Ambrose parishioners who couldn’t make it earlier) and their pets. If you have questions, please contact Steve Yuen (315-9662, email@example.com)
Bayview Mission Needs (Updated 7/10/2023)
I have been in communication with Deacon Nina at Bayview Mission. Their needs have changed; they are asking if we can supply Peanut Butter, Tuna, and Feminine Hygiene Products. I thank you for your continued generosity of our Outreach Project.
Sunday School 2023-2024
For the upcoming school year, we are looking for:
- – Helpers for welcoming new families at the Blessing of the backpack (end of August/ beginning of September)
- Helpers for Sunday School class: Youth and older
- Materials for godly play activities (crafts to illustrate God’s creation, Nativity, Protecting our planet etc.)
All suggestions of games/songs/activities are welcome.
St. Ambrose Choir
The choir will resume rehearsals on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. We will be masked and correctly distanced, and would be happy for anyone who wishes to join us. If you wish to join us, please let Father Jason know.
We are looking for volunteers for coffee hour, summer days and stewardship dinner. If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thank you
Worship Leaders Needed
Please sign up as a Lector for our 8:30 am and 10:00 am Mass by emailing email@example.com or the Church signup sheet.
We also need Worship Leader volunteers for our 10:00 am Mass. There are openings for Intercessors, Lectors, Greeters, Ushers and Acolytes, and Livestream Technicians. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the following link to signup: Signup Genius or Click on the following link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0D4FA5A82CA0F94-worship
Join us for Coffee Hour after mass at 11:00 am in the courtyard. Coffee hour will be hosted by the Vestry on the first Sunday of the month. Please volunteer for the other weeks by using the link below or by the signup sheet in the Narthex by the Reflections & Gratitude Board:
Prayer Support Group
Every 1st and 3rd Sunday after the service at 11:30am, we will be meeting in the Fellowship Hall to have a prayer meeting. Please join us any time as you are able. For questions, please contact Daniel Tate at 650-799-7084, or email@example.com
Monday, 1:00 pm Zoom Bible Study. For Zoom link, please contact Daniel Tate at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-799-7084
Wednesday, 10:00 am Zoom Contemplative Mediation
We have heard from some of our clergy that parishioners are having a hard time logging onto Zoom calls. Below please find clear, hopefully easy instructions on how to join a zoom call. Feel free to share with your parishioners. For more thorough instructions, click here.
How to join Zoom by computer
- Make sure all other programs on your computer that uses your camera are closed first (ex: Facetime, Skype, etc.)
- Have a headset available if possible to minimize feedback – your cellphone earbuds will work well.
- Click the Zoom link that’s been sent to you in an email, and Zoom should automatically and quickly download to your computer.
- In Downloads on your computer, click Zoom_launcher.exe.
- Once Zoom has launched, a screen should pop up asking for your name. This will identify you during the meeting.
- You should now be part of the meeting. Click the green button that says “Join Audio By Computer”.
Join by tablet or smartphone
- If you choose to use your tablet or smartphone, be sure to download the Zoom app ahead of time.
- Once you have downloaded the Zoom app, follow the “Join by computer” instructions above.
Join by telephone
- First, dial the phone number provided in the Zoom email.
When prompted, dial the meeting ID number that is also provided.
For DioBytes Archive
HIP Housing is a Non-Profit Organization in San Mateo County:
The purpose of this non-profit is to connect people with extra living space in their homes with people who are looking for a room to rent. A flier about HIP Housing is posted in the Parish Hall on the Community News Bulletin Board. To contact HIP Housing call 650-348-6660. To schedule an appointment to discuss home sharing opportunities or other available affordable housing visit www.HIPhousing.org. On this website you will also find information about Rooms For Rent Providers and Rooms for Rent Seekers.